Waldrons have a particular expertise in the Telecoms sector acting exclusively for landlords and landowners against mobile phone operators. Our department is one of the principal law departments in the country acting against Telecoms operators both in non-contentious and litigious work.
Our Telecoms Team is headed by Solicitor Consultant Tim Clark who has become a well-known figure in Telecoms circles over the last 20 years.
The niche Telecoms unit acts for property owners in negotiation and dispute with mobile phone operators on sites throughout the south north and midlands regions.
We have dealt with thousands of cases against operators on behalf of investors, developers, clubs, farmers and local authorities.
In order to provide strong expertise and all round services in all aspects of Telecoms work, the Telecoms team works closely with our litigation department. We also have strong established links with Telecoms agents, valuers and surveyors.
Legal Advice for Telecoms
Waldrons deal with:
- Telecoms lease renewals agreements and assignments
- Relocation and removal of phone masts in cases of landlord’s redevelopment
- Mast sale agreements to investors for a premium
- Mast upgrade applications by operators to 5G
- Site share applications by operators to share telecoms equipment with third parties
- Complex cases involving the interpretation of The Digital Economy Act 2017 and the Electronic Communications Code
- Advising on grounds in which to defend operator’s demands to “survey” new sites as potential locations for 5G
- Dealing with Telecoms litigation cases including Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 proceedings and those under paragraph 20 and 21 of the Electronic Communications Code
Specialist Telecoms Solicitors at Waldrons
Our department has acted in some recent high profile cases gaining a national presence for landlords against operators including:
- Acting at BBC Television Centre redevelopment in Salford Quays for a developer in a complex mast relocation involving four Telecoms operators
- Advising a significant cathedral in the south west in a complex “lift and shift” relocation of Telecoms equipment in accordance with listed building and ecclesiastical law
- Acting for a central London developer in interpreting the Electronic Communications Code in a potentially “test case” involving dilapidations under the Code
- Acting for an international film studio in the relocation and renewal of two Telecoms leases in order to facilitate studio redevelopment
- Acting for a prime central London residential investor in blocking operator’s demands for a new 5G installation
I have received a request by operators to drastically reduce my rent. Can you help?
Yes, Waldrons can assist you in negotiating the best commercial deal for you
Can I get operators to pay my legal costs in negotiating a renewal lease? Is this the norm?
Usually we can get the operators to pay your legal costs
I have been served with a formal notice by operators to assign, share equipment or upgrade to 5G. Can you advise?
We can assess whether operators are entitled legally to take these steps, and we can often negotiate better financial terms for you
I have received a formal demand from operators to “survey” my land for a new 5G mast. Do I have grounds of opposition?
In certain circumstances, yes, which we can discuss with you. We have successfully acted for landowners against operators in a large number of 5G applications
An existing or proposed mast installation is blocking my proposed redevelopment. Can I do anything?
Yes, Waldrons have a track record of relocating mast sites
My rooftop mast is causing dilapidations and damage to my building. What can I do?
Waldrons can assist you in taking appropriate legal steps and usually securing a settlement agreement in your favour
Can I “lift and shift” or relocate my mast to another location? Is this a possibility?
In a number of situations, yes, depending on contractual terms
Is it worth me selling my mast income to an investor either by freehold or long leasehold sale? Is now a good time?
It may be, depending on several factors, which we can discuss with you
What Can our Telecoms Solicitors Help You With?
If you would like comprehensive answers to any of these questions, or any other questions which you may have, please get in touch.
We would be pleased to help.
Contact: Tim Clark, Head of Telecoms, Waldrons Solicitors, on email@example.com or call 01384 811811.
Click on any of the links below for more information.Mast Removal, Relocation & Redevelopment
Mast Sale Agreements
Removal of Phone Masts
Renewals & Assignments of Telecoms Leases & Agreements
The Digital Economy Act 2017 & the Electronic Communications Code