What should I do if I have an accident at work?
- Make sure the incident is reported in the accident book.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Contact the Personal injury Team at Waldrons Solicitors to make a free enquiry and we shall advise you
Who pays compensation for workplace injuries?
Your employers or the party responsible for your injury. The employer should have employers liability insurance to meet such a claim
Will I have to pay legal fees?
Speak with our experts at Waldrons and we can advise you whether your claim has reasonable prospects of success. If your case does have reasonable prospects we can discuss offering you a Conditional Fee Agreement, more commonly known as a No Win No Fee Agreement. A No Win No Fee Agreement means that you pay nothing up front, and nothing if your claim is unsuccessful. If you win your case you may be entitled to recover some or all of your costs from the Defendant. Waldrons may apply a success fee to the legal costs incurred on your behalf this sum can never be more than 25% of your award for your injury or past losses and expenses.
What losses can I claim?
- Personal Injury, pain suffering and loss of amenity
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of care and assistance
- Treatment costs, we can help you recover treatment charges or facilitate treatment in cases where the Defendant accepts liability
- Travel expenses, vehicle and property damage
Will I have to go to court?
It is unlikely that you will have to go to Court and even if you do we shall be there to advise and support you at each and every step of the way