Claims against the Council

Have you suffered Personal Injury as a result of slipping or tripping in a public place? If so our experienced Solicitors could help you to claim the compensation that you are entitled to.

We have succeeded in hundreds of slip and trip claims and have a wealth of knowledge and experience in this area. Our team are ready to help guide you through the process.

Claims can be made against the relevant local authority/council if an accident happens in a public place.

Claims might also involve accidents occurring in council-owned houses, public parks and playgrounds, as well as schools and nurseries.

Claims against the Council


How long do you have to sue the council following an accident?

If you’ve been injured as a result of negligence on behalf of a local authority or council, you will generally have three years from the date of the accident to start Court proceedings. Other time limits might apply, and so the best first step is to speak to one of our team to find out the time limits that might apply in your case.

How do you start a claim against the council?

If you’ve been injured and feel that your local council is responsible, the best first step will be to seek expert legal advice. Our solicitors can advise you about the prospects of your claim, who the claim is against, and what to do next.

What duties do the local council have?

Your local council has responsibility for various matters, including ensuring that their property is reasonably maintained and safe to use.

Why choose Waldrons?

Flexibility We are available for appointments at your home, at hospital or another location that’s convenient for you.
Dedicated You will have direct access to a Legal Advisor throughout your matter.
Established We have over 150 years’ experience in providing specialist legal advice representing individuals.
Costs We are clear on costs 100% of the time.
Experts Our specialist Personal Injury lawyers are ranked in legal directories.
Local Offices across the West Midlands, Worcestershire & Cheltenham.
Experienced Our Personal Injury team have recovered millions of pounds in compensation for their clients.
Claims against the Council

Accreditations and Affiliations

Any solicitor can say they are experienced in what they do. We go the extra mile to demonstrate our expertise. Many of our lawyers have undertaken independent assessments of their knowledge and skills. Our accreditations give you the assurance that you are dealing with a specialist.

Claims against the Council

Contact Us

By submitting this form I agree to allow Waldrons Solicitors Ltd. to process my details in accordance with Waldrons’ privacy policy.