Our Client Care Policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. Occasionally however things can go wrong. If something does go wrong we need you tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Client Care Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. Your complaint should be addressed to Mr. John Roberts, Managing Director, Capstan House, The Waterfront, Merry Hill, West Midlands. DY5 1XL, Tel No : (01384) 811811, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Fax No : (01384) 811822.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 7 days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Mr. John Roberts, reviewing your file and speaking with the member of staff who acted for you.
- We will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this as soon as possible. We have 8 weeks to investigate and respond substantively to your complaint.
- Within 7 days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, We will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint including suggestions for resolving the matter as soon as possible. We have 8 weeks to investigate and respond substantively to your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with my handling of your complaint you may have a right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. This applies if you are an individual, a business with fewer than 10 employees and turnover or assets not exceeding a certain threshold, a charity or trust with a net income of less than £1m, or if you fall within certain other categories (you can find out more from the Legal Ombudsman). If applicable you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and no more than six years from the date of act/omission; or no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint. For further information visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk or call 0300 555 0333.
Alternative complaints bodies exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We have, however, chosen not to adopt an ADR process. If, therefore, you wish to complain further, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Further information can be found on SRA’s website at https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/ or you can call 0370 606 2555.
Please note that if we have to change any of the timescales set out above, we will let you know and explain why.