Transaction forms explained

When there is a business or residential sales transaction made, there are several forms that must be completed. The forms each supply different information and are aimed at providing necessary information to the party that needs it. The forms that are required for your specific circumstances will be sent to you to fill out by your solicitor, who may also use Commercial Property Standard Enquires (CPSE forms).

TA4 required commonhold information

The TA4 form will provide information around the sale and purchase of a commonhold property. When it comes to houses, flats, or non-residential buildings on industrial estates. The commonhold is similar to leasehold, except that it does not have the time limit that leasehold does.

TA6 Property Information Form

A TA6 form is normally required for any purchase and gives the prospective buyer in-depth information about the property that is being sold. It is an essential document that can help a buyer to decide whether or not they wish to buy the property.

TA6 forms are also known as Sellers Property Information Forms (or SPIF) and they are normally filled in by the seller to the best of their knowledge, accurately, and without omitting any information during the conveying process – after accepting an offer on the property.

The TA6 form is substantial and covers several aspects of the property, including:

  • Seller and conveyancer details
  • Boundaries and maintenance responsibilities
  • Information about neighbours and any disputes that have occurred or are occurring
  • Planning applications and other notices
  • Information about building work, building regulations approval, and planning permission
  • Information about replacement windows and doors, including FENSA certificate information if applicable
  • Information about electrical work including safety certificates
  • Gas work and boiler servicing information as well as safety certificates
  • Any guarantees and warranties associated with the property
  • The presence of any environmental risks such as flooding
  • Informal or formal arrangements that are currently occurring
  • Any additional charges that the buyer may have to pay
  • Information regarding those who currently occupy the property and confirmation that they will leave on its sale
  • Ideal sale completion dates
  • Details regarding whether the sewage is connected to mains sewage or a septic tank
  • Utility company information

It is also important that supporting documentation is included with the TA6 form. This can include copies of safety certificates and gas servicing documentation.

TA7 Leasehold Information Form

The TA7 form also should be completed by the seller if the property being sold is a leasehold property. It supplies information regarding the leasehold of the property, such as how and by whom the property is managed. It also gives information about ground rent, service charges, notices, and any complaints.

TA8 New Home Information Form

The TA8 form is used in conjunction with the TA6 Property Information Form, or TA7 Leasehold Information Form and/or a TA10 Fittings and Contents Form, to give further information about the property when it is a new home.

Some of the areas covered in the TA8 form include:

  • Confirmation that an Energy Performance Certificate will be provided
  • Expected completion dates
  • Details about development work being carried out
  • Information about services that will be connected to the property
  • Guarantees around the safety and well-being of the property
  • Leasehold or commonhold information

TA9 Commonhold Information Form

The TA9 form is required when a commonhold property is sold. It provides information around the commonhold details of the property, such as the accounts and other details of the commonhold association, commonhold assessments and reserve fund levies, notices, arrangements concerning the use of common parts, insurance, consents, complaints, and developer rights.

TA10 Fittings and Contents Form

The TA10 – or Fittings and Contents form concerns the items within the property that are included – or not – in the sale. This gives a detailed inventory of what is included in the sale, from larger items such as fridges, fitted units, and washing machines to small details such as shower curtains and curtain rails. This form will normally be required for every property purchase.

The T10 form should be filled out by the seller during the conveyancing process and the property is broken down room by room.

TA13: Completion Information & Requisitions on Title

The TA13 form is in place to ensure that the buyer has all of the information that they require before the purchase of the property goes through, being sent to the buyer’s solicitor. It includes information about vacant possession, deeds and documents, completion, bank details and information about the amount to be paid on completion, and mortgages and charges on the property.

TA15 Commonhold Information Request

The TA15 form provides more information for sales of a commonhold property.

Contact Waldrons solicitors

Here at Waldrons our team of expert solicitors are on hand to speak to you, get in touch today!

More information on Moving Home

Back to all Insights


Last reviewed on 11/07/23 by Abigail Gray who is an Associate Solicitor