Variation or discharge of restraining orders

If you wish to reconcile with your partner but a Restraining Order is in place we can help you apply to the court to have the Order changed or removed.

Do I need a solicitor to help with removing a Restraining Order?

There are no set rules for the court to consider when deciding whether to change or remove a Restraining Order. The law on removing Restraining Orders is based on case law which is why it is vital to have a solicitor involved.

Variation or discharge of restraining orders


What to do when you’re the subject of an injunction?

If you are made subject to such an order, you may have the right to challenge the terms of that order and we can advise you regarding that process including advice on variation or  discharge of injunctions.


In most cases the court will attach a power of arrest to an anti-social behaviour order. This means that if there is a reasonable suspicion that you have breached the injunction, the police are able to arrest you and keep you in police custody until the next available court.

Why choose Waldrons?

Flexibility We are available for appointments at your home, at hospital or another location that’s convenient for you.
Dedicated You will have direct access to a Legal Advisor throughout your matter.
Established We have over 150 years’ experience in providing specialist legal advice representing individuals.
Costs We are clear on costs 100% of the time.
Variation or discharge of restraining orders

Accreditations and Affiliations

Any solicitor can say they are experienced in what they do. We go the extra mile to demonstrate our expertise. Many of our lawyers have undertaken independent assessments of their knowledge and skills. Our accreditations give you the assurance that you are dealing with a specialist.

Variation or discharge of restraining orders

Contact Us

By submitting this form I agree to allow Waldrons Solicitors Ltd. to process my details in accordance with Waldrons’ privacy policy.