Our experienced team of Clinical Negligence solicitors have a wide variety of experience in claims arising as a result of delayed diagnosis. A large number of medical negligence claims derive from a delay in diagnosis of a medical condition or injury resulting in a patient’s condition worsening or in some cases their early demise. Delays can occur in all areas of medicine, and these are some examples of cases we have seen:
- Failure to act upon symptoms of cauda equina syndrome within 48 hours of presentation of such symptoms.
- Delay in diagnosis of fractures resulting in surgery or loss of function
- Delay in the delivery of a baby, causing hypoxia and resulting in cerebral palsy
- Delay in diagnosis of cancer resulting in a reduced life expectancy
- Delay of diagnosis of diabetes
- Delay in diagnosis of pulmonary embolism
- Delay in diagnosis of meningitis
- Delay in diagnosing an infection resulting in amputation
- Delay in diagnosis of a condition resulting in the loss of a loved one
- Delay by your GP to refer you for further investigations such as x-rays or blood tests
- Delay by your GP to refer you for specialist treatment
We have access to leading medical experts who can assess your case, and with their help we will investigate what mistakes were made and how they could have been avoided. We ensure that we obtain all the compensation you deserve so that you may be able to adapt your life following any suffering that may have occurred as a result of Clinical Negligence.
If you feel that you have been affected by any of the above you will need an experienced solicitor to advise and guide you through your case. This is where we are able to help. Click here to contact a member of our team today for an initial no cost, no obligation assessment of your case.