Commercial litigation disputes can be time consuming and potentially expensive to deal with and can detract from running your business. Our aim is to assist you to resolve disputes quickly to minimise the negative impact on your business.
What is Commercial Litigation?
Commercial Litigation generally involves two or more companies who are in dispute over any issue and it has reached the stage where the parties cannot reach agreement between themselves. At that stage legal advice/action may need to be taken to resolve the issue.
Commercial Litigation can also cover disputes between a company and an individual.
It can also involve arranging mediation in an attempt to resolve a commercial dispute as court proceedings are usually your last resort.
We regularly deal with a wide variety of issues, including the following:
- Contract disputes – we understand that disputes can adversely effect your business and can have a financial impact moving forward. We can assist with negotiations to avoid any further disruption to the work place.
- Insurance disputes – it can be easy to get into lengthy arguments and disputes with insurance companies regarding the terms of insurance policies and we can look at the terms and try to reach an agreement which will benefit you and your company.
- Professional Negligence – most of us will need to take professional advice on something throughout our lives and when that advice is wrong, it can have devastating consequences. We recognise that not only individuals receive advice, but also companies. Our specialist team can access your claim and advise you of your next steps.
- Managing relationships with third parties – disputes can arise between third party suppliers, agents, purchasers, customers and advisers and we can try and resolve these disputes with the company’s best interests at the heart of negotiations.
- Recovery of money and protecting your financial position – debts can adversely affect your cash flow and cause business uncertainty. If you have disputes relating to payment, our team can assist you.
- Property Disputes – we can assist with disputes relating to Commercial premises and Residential properties.
Commercial Litigation Resolution: Where can Waldrons Help?
We will work with you closely to understand the main aim of your instructions and goals moving forward to help minimise litigation risk.
We can assist the following people:
- Company directors
- HR professionals
- Commercial landlords and tenants
We try to understand the underlying issue of the dispute to prevent the need for litigation and court proceedings. However, if this does not rectify your issues, we can also assist you with taking matters further, including Court.
Choosing our Commercial Litigation Solicitors
We have a specialist team of Commercial Litigation Solicitors dedicated to resolving disputes as quickly as possible so that you can get back to running your business as usual.
As a client using our litigation services, you will have direct access to your specialist solicitor with a direct phone number and email address so you can always contact us.
We understand that no two businesses are the same and we listen to your problems and tailor our advice to suit specific business needs.
How much will it cost?
This will depend on the type of work you instruct us to carry out, however we will always advise you about the risks of litigation and use innovative pricing to allow you to pursue and find a solution to your dispute.
We initially offer a fixed fee appointment of £300 plus VAT to go through your matter and provide you with some preliminary advice and next steps. We will not carry out any further work without agreeing cost estimates with you.
Why act now?
Ultimately, a claim will then have to be settled by the courts if negotiation does not prove successful. There are limits for making a claim and getting advice early will provide more time to negotiate and possibly avoid having to make a claim to the courts.
Who should I contact?
For Commercial Litigation advice that is tailored to your individual business, please contact a member of our team, Joanne Briscoe at email@example.com or Courtney Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call on 01384 811811