Gerry O'Brien, Solicitor
Qualifications and Experience
Gerry O’Brien is a Solicitor and former Partner of Trinity Law Partnership.
Gerry has been conducting Personal injury claims for over 25 years.
Throughout his career Gerry has dealt with a wide variety of cases, ranging from the straightforward to those involving catastrophic injuries and complex issues of law. In particular, Gerry dealt with the landmark Court of Appeal case Mullaney v Chief Constable of West Midlands Police All ER (D) 191 (May) relating to the duty of care owed to Police Officers.
Examples of his work can be seen below:
- Ahmed Mohamud v WM Morrisons PLC  UKSC 11 : Leading Supreme Court authority on Vicarious Liability
- Settlement of a claim valued in the region of £2million for a young man who suffered a brain injury as a consequence of a road traffic accident.
- A £1.5million settlement for a young man who sustained a head injury and an above knee amputation of the leg as a consequence of a road traffic accident.
- Settlement of a claim in excess of £1million for a young man who suffered a brain injury falling from a height at work
- Settlement in the sum of £625,000 for the widow of a young man who died in a road traffic accident.
- Settlement in excess of £500,000 for a young man who suffered a head injury at work.
Chambers & Partners 2021
Gerry’s 2021 entry says that his “caseload spans RTAs, Employer Liability claims and Police Federation cases. He is experienced in chronic pain claims, and in orthopaedic and psychiatric injury matters.”
Chambers & Partners 2020
Gerry was ranked again in the 2020 edition which states; Gerry O'Brien represents clients in catastrophic injury claims resulting from workplace accidents and RTAs, including serious brain and spinal injuries. Sources say: "Gerry's attention to detail is legendary."
Chambers & Partners 2019
Gerry’s entry for 2019 read as follows... "Gerry O'Brien has a varied caseload in personal injury, acting for claimants in RTA, employers' liability and fatal accident cases. 'He is empathetic, meticulous, and determined,' notes one client, adding: 'He will leave no stone unturned.'”
Chambers & Partners 2018
Gerry was ranked again for Personal Injury in Chambers & Partners 2018 and; “..is acknowledged for his long-standing presence in the sector” and his “strong focus on catastrophic personal injury claims”. One source notes: “He has a caring, client-focused attitude towards claims-handling and he is very knowledgeable and experienced.”
Chambers & Partners 2017
Gerry was ranked for personal injury in Chambers & Partners 2017 and was described as “innovative” and who “..is always prepared to go the extra mile..”
In my spare time I enjoy playing football and badminton as well as cycling.