Gerry O'Brien, Solicitor
Gerry has been conducting Personal injury claims for over 25 years.
Throughout his career Gerry has dealt with a wide variety of cases, ranging from the straightforward to those involving catastrophic injuries and complex issues of law. In particular, Gerry dealt with the landmark Court of Appeal case Mullaney v Chief Constable of West Midlands Police All ER (D) 191 (May) relating to the duty of care owed to Police Officers.
Chambers & Partners 2017
Gerry was ranked for personal injury in Chambers & Partners 2017 and was described as “innovative” and who “..is always prepared to go the extra mile..”
Chambers & Partners 2018
Gerry was ranked again for Personal Injury in Chambers & Partners 2018 and; “..is acknowledged for his long-standing presence in the sector” and his “strong focus on catastrophic personal injury claims”. One source notes: “He has a caring, client-focused attitude towards claims-handling and he is very knowledgeable and experienced.”
Chambers & Partners 2019
Gerry’s entry for 2019 read as follows... "Gerry O'Brien has a varied caseload in personal injury, acting for claimants in RTA, employers' liability and fatal accident cases. 'He is empathetic, meticulous, and determined,' notes one client, adding: 'He will leave no stone unturned.'"
Chambers & Partners 2020
Gerry was ranked again in the 2020 edition which states; Gerry O'Brien represents clients in catastrophic injury claims resulting from workplace accidents and RTAs, including serious brain and spinal injuries. Sources say: "Gerry's attention to detail is legendary."
Other notable cases include;
- Ahmed Mohamud v WM Morrisons PLC  UKSC 11 :- Leading Supreme Court authority on Vicarious Liability *
- Settlement of a claim valued in the region of £2million for a young man who suffered a brain injury as a consequence of a road traffic accident.
- A £1.5million settlement for a young man who sustained a head injury and an above knee amputation of the leg as a consequence of a road traffic accident.
- Settlement of a claim in excess of £1million for a young man who suffered a brain injury falling from a height at work
- Settlement in the sum of £625,000.00 for the widow of a young man who died in a road traffic accident.
- Settlement in excess of £500,000 for a young man who suffered a head injury at work.
- Gerry has also achieved many other six figure settlements for injured claimants.
(* Gerry acted for the Claimant in the County Court)