Property and Affairs
Lasting Power of Attorney

Our on-line service cost is £300 inclusive of VAT. 

You can appoint someone to look after your financial affairs if you are unable to do so yourself, such as if you become mentally incapable or find it difficult to attend to your affairs yourself if you have problems getting about.  It does not allow someone to make decisions about your care.  If you wish to authorise someone to make these decisions, you will also need a Health & Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney.

Your Attorney must be someone you trust and you can appoint up to four Attorneys. You can also consider appointing replacement Attorneys if your main Attorney cannot act. For couples it is often useful to appoint your spouse and one or more of your children.

If you become mentally incapable, the only way someone else can manage your affairs is by being appointed as your Deputy if you do not have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place. They act under the control of the Court system and this is much more expensive and time-consuming process. 

A Lasting Power of Attorney can be used once it is registered with the Office of the Public Guardian. You can prepare the Lasting Power of Attorney and register at a later date, but this means that your Attorneys cannot use the Lasting Power of Attorney until that time.

It is possible for Waldrons to act as your Attorney if you do not have anyone you wish to act for you.

Should you require a Lasting Power of Attorney, please email Karen Ostler on Please ensure you put the words "lasting power of attorney" in the subject heading of your email.